At PowerCell we are working hard at delivering powerful hydrogen powered fuel cells and systems to our customers around the world. The demand for our products is steadily increasing and we’re at the forefront of fuel cell development. We believe in our tech and we believe in our people’s ability to deliver the best solutions for hydrogen fuel cells on the market, today and tomorrow.
Internship Proton Exchange Membrane Development and Testing
At PowerCell, we develop both fuel cell stacks and systems for various applications. The continuous improvement of efficiency, performance and durability is very important. There the proton exchange membrane (PEM) plays an important role and the understanding of the membrane´s mechanical and chemical properties become necessary. For the purpose of an efficient support of our engineering process from early development phase until implementation and integration in customer use-cases, Powercell is about to develop fundamental and predictive PEM characterization tools, without the need for extensive in Situ experiments.
We are therefor looking for Internship Students to support us in the development process of our fuel cell membrane evaluation capabilities. We offer the possibility to extend the internship with a Master Thesis at PowerCell. Possible topics for the internship are:
- Development and establishment of accurate and reproducblie test methods for proper analysis of the membranes.
- Evaluate the mechanical and chemical properties of the membranes.
- Evaluate the membrane properties influencing the fuel cel performance such as proton conductivity and hydrogen permeation.
- Evaluate the mechanical durability, chemical durability and combined mechanical/chemical durability of the membranes.
- Investigate relations between the membranes’ mechanical and chemical properties, performance and durability.
- Successful participation in a M.Sc. program or similar in chemical / process engineering, mechanical engineering, technical physics or similar; preferably all courses finished
- Self-driven, highly engaged and motivated personality, with a strong problem-solving approach
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Knowledge of proton exchange membranes
- Material science background
- PEM fuel cell and fuel cell stack knowledge and/or experimental experience
- Practical experience of laboratory work
- Experience from an international and multi-language environment
- Practical experience from internships
- Swedish language skills
At PowerCell we aim for establishing teams with a balanced member composition regarding knowledge, experience, age, nationality, and gender.
Apply by visiting careers.powercell.se